SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Tuesday, 27 February 2024 7.49 AM IST

11-year-old boy electrocuted after coming in contact with live wire lying on plantation; brother injured

rabul-hussain-electric-wi

ERNAKULAM: The son of a migrant worker was electrocuted to death after he came in contact with a live wire lying on a nutmeg plantation. The incident took place in Pezhakkappilly in Muvattupuzha. The deceased has been identified as Rabul Husain (11), a native of Assam. Rabul's brother sustained burns on his leg and is undergoing treatment at Kalamasserry Medical College Hospital.
Police and KSEB have launched an investigation into the incident.

The accident took place at around 11. 30 am today while Rabul and his family were collecting scrap from the plantation. It is believed that Rabul got electrocuted after he accidentally grabbed the broken wire lying on the ground thinking that it was a useless wire. Upon hearing the loud cries of the family, the locals rushed to the spot and carried out rescue efforts. Although the boy was rushed to the hospital, he succumbed to his injuries.

An investigation has been launched into the situation in which the electric wire broke and fell on the nutmeg plantation. There is also no clarity about the fact that no action was taken to stop the power supply or remove the wire after the wire broke. The locals are demanding that an inquiry should be made regarding the lapse on the part of the authorities in this regard.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: ELECTROCUTED TO DEATH, BOY ELECTROCUTED TO DEATH, ELECTRIC WIRE, ACCIDENT DEATH, KERALA
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.