SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Wednesday, 24 July 2024 3.49 PM IST

People having AC at home should be careful while going out; two-storied house in Kollam gutted in fire

ac

KOLLAM: A house has been partially gutted in fire after an AC exploded. The incident happened at Sasthamkotta in Kollam. The house of Denny Sam located at Palliparam in Mundukulanji area north of Peruvazhi Edakkad, caught fire. A major tragedy was averted as the family were in the church at the time of the incident.

The incident happened the other day. The AC exploded with a loud noise. The locals said that by the time they reached the spot hearing the noise, the whole house was engulfed in smoke. The local residents tried to douse the fire but could not do it completely. The fire brigade arrived from Sasthamkotta and extinguished the fire.


After the explosion, the house was filled with smoke and it was difficult for the firemen to douse the fire. The door and windows of the room, including the cot and mattress were all gutted in the fire. The entire room where the AC was on was covered with ash. The two-storied house is in a pathetic condition.

The initial conclusion of the fire force is either the AC may not have been switched off when the family went out or the temperature may have been kept high. Assistant station officers Yesudas and Ramesh Chandra, officers Manoj, Vijesh, Rajesh R, Hariprasad and home guard Sivaprasad led the rescue operations.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: AC, EXPLODES, HOUSE, KOLLAM
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.