SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Tuesday, 16 July 2024 2.34 AM IST

Student leaning on pillar of shop electrocuted; locals accuse KSEB

rijas

KOZHIKODE: A student was electrocuted when he stood on the side of the shop at Kuttikkattoor in Kozhikode. The dead has been identified as Muhammed Rijas (19), son of Aali Musliar of Puthiyot. He died after coming in contact with the pillar of the shop. Rijas stood in the shop after his bike ran out of fuel.


The shop owner came forward levelling serious allegation against the KSEB. The shop owner P Muhammed said the boy died due to the lapse of the KSEB. He said that he had informed the KSEB about the shock in the pillar. An employee came and inspected yesterday morning but no action was taken to solve the problem. The shop owner said the electricity was disconnected after boy’s death.

The locals also alleged that the negligence of KSEB was the cause of Rijas' death. Another person who came here last night also suffered the shock. Electricity was supplied to the pillar of the shop from a nearby electric post. The locals also alleged that no action was taken to resolve the issue.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: STUDENT, LEANING, PILLAR, SHOP, ELECTROCUTED, LOCALS, ACCUSE, KSEB
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.