SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Thursday, 25 July 2024 5.27 PM IST

Suspicion of having eaten 'arali' flower; students hospitalized after complaining of headaches and vomiting

arali-flower

KOCHI: Two students in Kolenchery in Ernakulam were admitted to the hospital over the suspicion of having eaten 'arali' (oleander) flowers. The Class 9 students of the Kadayiruppu Government School are kept under observation at a private hospital in Kolenchery.

Both students were taken to the Community Health Center this morning after they experienced headaches and vomiting in the classroom. The children told the doctors that they ate 'arali' flowers while coming to school in the morning. Following this, they were shifted to a private hospital. The blood samples of the children have been sent for expert testing. The medical board has decided to proceed with further treatment after 24 hours of strict observation.

The poison content in 'arali' flower had become a hot topic of discussion following the death of a woman in Harippad after eating the arali flower.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: ARALI FLOWER, KERALA, STUDENTS ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.