SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Thursday, 14 November 2019 11.50 AM IST

Girl’s death was not of suspected food poisoning, says report

gowri-nanda

KOLLAM: Preliminary reports say the death of the three-year-old girl was not of suspected food poisoning. The Chadayamangalam police during the talks held with the doctors of medical college hospital who conducted the post mortem said she had sever pneumonia. However, the doctors said more study is needed on it.

The authorities of the food safety department who reached Chadayamangalam yesterday morning collected the samples of the food served and the samples of the raw materials used for making it. They later visited the girl’s house and collected the samples of the remaining food and then send it for examination to the government analytical lab.

Gowri Nanda, the only daughter of Sagar and Priya of Kallikad is the victim. Sagar, an employee of a welding frim along with his friends had food from the hotel in Chadyamangalam on Monday evening. He later bought food for the rest of his family. The girl after having dinner slept at 9.30 pm. By 12, she expressed uneasiness and was suffering from stomach pain. Though she was taken to the hospital, her life could not be saved. The undigested food may have trapped in the oesophagus and this could be the reason for her death.

A case for unnatural death has been registered. Nothing happened to the other members of the family who had the same food.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: DEATH, GIRL, NOT OF, SUSPECTED, FOOD POISONING, REPORTS
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.