SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Sunday, 18 April 2021 11.21 PM IST

Actor attack case: Court rejects prosecution’s plea seeking cancellation of Dileep’s bail

dileep

KOCHI: The court rejected prosecution’s plea seeking cancellation of the bail of actor Dileep, accused of attacking the actress. Dileep is the eighth accused in the case. The prosecution had alleged that Dileep tried to influence witnesses, violating one of the bail conditions. He threatened main witnesses Vipin Lal and Jinson to retract their statements.


However, Dileep argued that the witnesses, who said that there was an attempt to retract statements in January last year, lodged the complaint only in October and it was suspicious. Dileep said the crime branch had investigated the complaint of trying to influence witnesses but could not find any evidence against him and in this case the plea should be rejected.

The police had registered a case against Pradeep Kumar Kottathala, office secretary of K B Ganesh Kumar MLA for threatening approver Vipin Lal. According to the prosecution, Vipin Lal was threatened for Dileep.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: CRIME, ACTOR ATTACK CASE, COURT, REJECTS, PROSECUTION, PLEA, SEEKING CANCELLATION, DILEEP BAIL
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.