SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Tuesday, 18 January 2022 7.32 AM IST

Two-and-half-year-old boy dies of food poisoning in Kozhikode, six children admitted to hospital

food-poison

KOZHIKODE: A two-and-a-half-year-old boy died and several other children fell ill due to food poisoning at Narikkuni in Kozhikode. The deceased has been identified as Muhammad Yameen, son of Veeriambram native Akbar. The children fell ill after eating a chicken dish served during a wedding function.

Six children are undergoing treatment at the hospital. A total of eleven people were admitted to the hospital last night after they fell ill. Four of them were discharged on Saturday morning. Though the children were initially admitted to the Thamarassery Primary Health Centre, they were later shifted to Kozhikode Medical College after their condition became critical. Police and health officials have launched an investigation into the incident.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: FOOD POISONING, DEATH, KOZHIKODE
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.