NTA admits lapses in NEET paper leak case before parliamentary panel

Thursday 21 May 2026 8:00 PM IST

NEW DELHI: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has admitted lapses in connection with the NEET question paper leak controversy. A parliamentary committee has asked the agency to submit more details about the issue. Senior officials, including the NTA Director, the NTA Chairperson, and the Secretary of the Higher Education Ministry, appeared before the parliamentary committee today. The committee, headed by Congress MP Digvijaya Singh, had summoned the officials following public outrage over the alleged question paper leak.

The meeting lasted for nearly three hours. During the discussion, the NTA reportedly admitted that there had been lapses in conducting the examination. The agency said it had tried to conduct the exam in a fair manner, but acknowledged that mistakes had occurred on its part. The NTA also informed the committee that steps are being taken to ensure the re-examination is conducted without any issues.

Earlier, the NTA had cancelled the NEET UG examination held on May 3 after reports of a question paper leak surfaced. The re-examination will now be conducted on June 21. The agency clarified that students appearing for the re-exam will not need to register again or pay any additional fee. It also said that the examination fee paid for the cancelled test may be refunded to students.