'I'm not a showman, I'm an open book': Tiny Tom responds to Ansiba Hassan's allegations

Saturday 23 May 2026 6:32 PM IST

Actor Tiny Tom has responded to the allegations made by actress Ansiba Hassan. Speaking to the media, Tiny Tom said, “I am someone who works sincerely. I am not a showman. I am an open book who speaks honestly. The AMMA committee will decide what needs to be done.”

Ansiba Hassan had earlier alleged that Tiny Tom and some others in the actors’ association, Association of Malayalam Movie Artists (AMMA), were the reason behind her resignation from the organisation.

According to Ansiba, Tiny Tom spread rumours that she had “illicit relationships with everyone.” She also said that she was insulted by being called a “jihadi.” Ansiba questioned whether she was being portrayed negatively because her name is Ansiba Hassan. She further alleged that an executive committee member filed a false police complaint against her. Ansiba said that neither the AMMA president nor the secretary supported her during the issue. “I am going through severe mental stress,” she said, adding that she is not planning to take legal action.

Recently, Ansiba resigned from the executive committee of AMMA, where she had been serving as the joint secretary. AMMA president Shwetha Menon confirmed to the media that Ansiba’s resignation had been accepted.

Shwetha Menon said that Ansiba resigned due to “professional and personal reasons.” Ansiba was the only office-bearer who had been elected unopposed. She reportedly informed the organisation of her willingness to resign on February 21.

Reports also suggest that tensions are growing within AMMA after a dismissed employee was reinstated and the treasurer was placed on compulsory leave. Ansiba Hassan’s resignation has reportedly intensified internal differences within the organisation.