SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Thursday, 19 February 2026 9.22 AM IST

US to attack Iran? Severest clash to be witnessed, says report

Increase Font Size Decrease Font Size Print Page
trump

WASHINGTON: Reports say US is planning to attack Iran. The Reuters news agency has reported that the US military is preparing for weeks of military action in Iran. The news agencies, citing US officials, say that this will be the most intense confrontation between Iran and the US so far.


The USS Gerald R Ford, the world's largest aircraft carrier, has been sent to the Middle East. The Gerald R Ford, which was stationed in the Caribbean Sea, is reportedly on its way to the Middle East.


US President Donald Trump publicly commented on the overthrow of the Iranian regime on Friday. ‘I think that's the best thing that could happen," Trump said while attending a military event at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Trump had earlier warned that Iran would face serious consequences if diplomatic efforts fail.


However, Iran has warned that it will retaliate against the US if it attacks. The US is also demanding that Iran control its ballistic missiles. Iran is ready for an agreement to limit its nuclear program if sanctions are lifted. However, Iran has reiterated that it will not completely abandon its nuclear program and that no one should interfere in the country's defense issues, including its missile capabilities.

TAGS: US, ATTACK IRAN
JOIN THE DISCUSSION
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN WORLD
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.