SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Sunday, 14 July 2024 11.21 AM IST

Thrissur native's smartphone explodes during late night hours, major tragedy averted

thrissur-mobile-phone-sle

THRISSUR: A mobile phone that was kept near the bed during sleep hours exploded at midnight creating panic in one family. The incident took place in Parat Kasim's house in Orumanayur, Chavakkad. The phone exploded to shreds around 4 am on Wednesday. It was Kasim's son Muhammad Faheem's phone that exploded in the early dawn hours. Faheem luckily escaped from the incident without receiving any injury.

When Faheem woke up from sleep after hearing the clamour of the explosion, the room had already been blanketed by white smoke. Other members also reached the spot and sprayed water to douse the fire. It was a Redmi company’s phone that exploded. However, nobody has figured out the exact reason for the blast.

Earlier too, in a similar incident, Thrissur native Elias’s (70) phone exploded while it was kept inside his shirt pocket. It was an old phone and the battery was dead. CCTV footage of the incident had also gone viral back then.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: THRISSUR, NATIVE, SMARTPHONE, NIGHT LIFE, 12 HOURS, TRAGEDY, BROOM, KASIM
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.