SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Friday, 22 October 2021 5.18 AM IST

Couple charred to death due to fire in AC unit of rented flat

ac-blast

MADURAI: A couple from Chennai's Madurai was charred to death due to a fire that broke out in the AC unit of their rented accommodation.

The dead couple has been identified as Shathikannan and Subha, who were living in a rented house in the Aanaiyur area of Madurai.

As per the fire and rescue department, the couple was asleep when thick smoke from the AC unit enveloped the room, shortly after which fire engulfed the room.

"The fire and rescue personnel extinguished the fire and found the couple charred to death inside the room," they said.

The department has retrieved the bodies and have sent them for post-mortem.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: COUPLE, CHARRED, DEATH, FIRE, AC UNIT, RENTED FLAT
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN INDIA
TRENDING IN INDIA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.