SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Wednesday, 01 February 2023 2.47 PM IST

Hajj pilgrims in a fix as applications not yet considered

hajj-pilgrims

MALAPPURAM: With the applications for the Hajj pilgrimage still not getting considered, the state hajj committee looks to approach the ministry of minority affairs to speed up the working of the newly formed draft rules for the Hajj pilgrimage. As per the rules, the Hajj applications will be considered only after the draft rules are published by the ministry. Earlier, the hajj committee chairman informed the date of considering the applications as the first of January, but nothing productive has happened since.

Hajj begins at the end of June. So it is needed for the pilgrims to travel from the first of June. The Saudi Hajj ministry has allotted 1,75,025 seats for Indian pilgrims this time. From this, 80% of seats go to hajj committees while the rest 20% will go to private hajj organizations. The pilgrims will see a hassle-free trip to Saudi only if the Indian government considers the applications at least by January last week.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: HAJJ, KERALA, SAUDI, APPLICATON
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN WORLD
TRENDING IN WORLD
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.