SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Tuesday, 21 May 2024 7.04 PM IST

Ate Alfaham and kuzhimanthi; 21 people including nine members of a family hospitalized in Varkala due to food poisoning; restaurant shut down

food-poisoning

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: As many as 21 people were hospitalised in Varkala due to food poisoning. Many people, including children, are undergoing treatment. Those who ate alfaham and kuzhimanthi from the Spicy Hotel on Temple Road were admitted to the hospital.

People who had food from the restaurant yesterday night started experiencing health issues such as vomiting and diarrhoea later in the night. Although they were first admitted to the Taluk Hospital, they were later shifted to a private hospital. 21 people, including nine people from one family, have been hit by food poisoning.

Following the incident, the municipality health department inspected the restaurant. The authorities sealed the hotel after receiving widespread complaints. Meanwhile, the condition of those undergoing treatment is satisfactory.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: FOOD POISONING IN VARKALA, FOOD POISONING, VARKALA, RESTAURANT SHUT DOWN, KERALA
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.