SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Sunday, 16 June 2024 4.57 AM IST

46 fell ill after eating prasad from temple in Karnataka, eight hospitalised 

hospital

BENGALURU: Some people suffered food poisoning after eating prasad from a temple in Karnataka. 46 people who consumed the prasad had food poisoning symptoms including diarrhea and vomiting. They had prasad from Bhireshwar and Karemma fair in Karnataka’s Hoolikatti village of Savadatti taluk in Belagavi. Eight people were admitted to the Dharwad hospital due to uneasiness. The hospital authorities informed that all are out of danger.

The function was organized as part of the village’ annual celebration. Belagavi SP Babasab Nemagound told media that whether food poisoning was caused by eating prasad from the temple or by drinking water is being examined.


In Erode, Tamil Nadu, a priest died after drinking the blood of a goat during an animal sacrifice as part of a temple festival. The incident happened in a temple at Kulapallur Chettipalayam in Gopichettipalayam, Tamil Nadu. One of the ten priests of this temple, Palani Sami (51), died. He was working as a priest for 25 years.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: 46, FELL IT, EATING PRASAD, TEMPLE, KARNATAKA, EIGHT HOSPITALISED
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN INDIA
TRENDING IN INDIA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.