SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Thursday, 25 July 2024 6.54 AM IST

'Saw fire while getting ready for morning prayers at 4 am'; More details on Angamaly incident

bineesh-angamaly-fire-acc

KOCHI: More information regarding the disturbing fire accident in Angamaly is now out. Bineesh, his wife Anu and their children Jasmin and Josna were charred to death in the wee hours on Saturday morning at their house near the Angamaly court area.

The fire broke out on the second floor of the house where the four members used to sleep. Bineesh’s mother, an early riser, was getting ready for her prayers at 4 am when she saw fire from the top floor. With help from a migrant labourer, the two tried to douse the fire with water but to no avail. Hearing the wild barking of the dogs, the nearby locals also came with help. It later took fire force to come and douse the fire completely.

As per the initial conclusion, a short circuit is blamed for the tragedy. The mother has been shifted to Bineesh's brother's house. A forensic examination of the house is underway and the bodies will be taken to Kalamassery Medical College for post-mortem soon. The deceased Bineesh is a trader in Angamaly. The eldest child was studying in the third class and the second child in the first class. Anu was a nursing tutor in a private hospital. MLA Roji M George visited the spot and responded to the media saying he was unaware of any financial obligations alerting the family.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: ANGAMALY, KERALA, FIRE, ACCIDENT, MIGRANT, LABOURER, MOTHER, BINEESH SC
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.