SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Wednesday, 18 February 2026 4.21 PM IST

Director admits mistake: Anuraj Manohar's statement recorded in Sannidhanam shooting controversy

Increase Font Size Decrease Font Size Print Page
anuraj-manohar


PATHANAMTHITTA: Director Anuraj Manohar's statement has been recorded in a complaint that he shot a movie in Pampa without the permission of the Devaswom Board. The director gave his statement at the Plappally police station. It has been ordered to produce the camera and other accessories used for the shooting for a detailed investigation.

The director informed the forest department that it was a mistake to shoot the film without permission and that he was ready to pay the fine. Anuraj added that the shooting was done at a place where journalists were gathered in Sannidhanam. Anuraj had earlier sought permission to shoot the film in Sannidhanam, but Devaswom Board President K Jayakumar had denied it, citing restrictions and congestion.

Anuraj had earlier said that the shooting was done not in Sannidhanam but at Pampa Hilltop. He had said that the shooting was done there because the film was set in Pampa. The forest department had registered a case against Anuraj for entering and shooting inside the Periyar Tiger Reserve without permission.

TAGS: ANURAJ
JOIN THE DISCUSSION
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.