SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Tuesday, 27 February 2024 9.44 PM IST

One-month-old left in oven instead of crib by mother dies

baby

WASHINGTON: A one-month-old baby girl tragically died due to her mother's negligence. The mother mistakenly left the child in the oven instead of her crib to sleep. The infant sustained severe burns on her body and despite being rushed to the hospital, she couldn't be saved. The incident occurred on Friday afternoon.

Upon arriving at the scene, the police were met with a shocking sight. They found the baby's body and clothes burnt by fire. Consequently, the authorities arrested the child's mother, identified as 26-year-old Maria Thomas.

Maria will undergo detailed interrogation by the police as they investigate the circumstances leading to the tragedy. According to one of her friends, Maria's mental health condition may have played a significant role in the incident. The friend mentioned that the baby was always seen with a smiling face and couldn't bear such pain.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: DEAD, BABY, OVEN, MOTHER, ACCIDENT
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN WORLD
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.