SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Wednesday, 21 February 2024 7.10 AM IST

Medical college nurse dies of food poisoning while undergoing treatment

dd

KOTTAYAM: A nurse who was working in Neuro ICU of Kottayam Medical college died while undergoing treatment for food poisoning. Reshmi Raj (33), wife of Vinod Kumar of Plamuttukada, Thiruvanathapuram, is the deceased.

Reshmi, who lives in the Medical College Nursing Hostel, ate Alfaham ordered from Hotel Park Malappuram Kuzhimanthi in Sankranti on 29th evening. She was admitted to hospital due to vomiting and diarrhoea. She was shifted to ventilator on Sunday after her health deteriorated. Due to kidney infection, she underwent dialysis but died at 7.15 pm yesterday.

The body is kept in Medical College mortuary. Officials said that more details will be clear only after the post-mortem. Relatives said that Reshmi was taking medicine for rheumatic disease. 20 other people who ate at the same hotel also had food poisoning. They sought treatment at ICH and a private hospital in Kudamalur. The license of the hotel was suspended by the Food Safety Department.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: NURSE, DIES, FOOD POSIONING, KOTTAYAM, MEDICAL COLLEGE, ALFAHAM
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.