SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Wednesday, 21 February 2024 3.09 AM IST

Spare parts shop gutted in fire at Pappanamcode

manvila-fire-at-plastic-f

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: A car spare parts shop caught fire in Thulavila, Pappanamcode on Tuesday. It was Manikandan’s spare parts shop Sree Sastha that was burned down completely in the fire that happened on Tuesday night at 8:30 pm. The preliminary findings have pointed to a short circuit as the reason for the fire.

The damage brought by the fire has incurred a loss of Rs 2 lakh to the shop. The nearby 'Saravana' two-wheeler workshop was partially gutted. The incident took place after Manikandan had left at night, closing the shop. People from the nearby shop came to know about the incident and informed the Chengalchoola Fire Force. Then two units arrived and brought the fire under control. Locals broke the lock of the shutter of the shop and tried to put out the fire but failed. In a nearby provision store, concrete slabs were shaken by the impact of the fire. The office of Bharat Gas was functioning in the building near the shop where the fire broke out.

The fire force informed that a major accident was avoided as the gas cylinders were replaced immediately after the fire broke out. A police team led by Fort AC Shaji also reached the spot.

Chengalchoola Grade ASTO Jayakumar, Driver Sanal Kumar, Sujan, Savin, Nurudeen, Anish, Prashant, Akhil and Vinod. V. Nair participated in the rescue operation.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: PAPPANAMCODE, KERALA, FIRE, FIREFORCE, SHOP, DAMAGE, MANIKANDAN
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.