SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Saturday, 13 April 2024 2.50 AM IST

10-year-old girl dies after consuming cake ordered online on her birthday

girl

CHANDIGARH: A 10-year-old girl died of suspected food poisoning after consuming her birthday cake. A cake was ordered to celebrate the birthday of Manvi (10), a native of Punjab, on the evening of March 24. Manvi, along with her family members developed health problems after consuming the cake ordered from a bakery in Patiala.

The girl cuts the cake around 7 pm and by 10 pm, everyone in the family felt nauseous and thirsty. After that, Manvi drank water and went to sleep. In the morning, the child's health deteriorated. The relatives then admitted Manvi to the hospital but could not save her life, her grandfather said. Hours before his death, Manvi's relatives had shared pictures and videos of her cutting the cake on social media.

The family alleges that the chocolate cake they bought online contained some poison substance. An FIR has been filed against the bakery owner on the family's complaint. The police informed that a sample of the cake has been sent for testing and the report is awaited.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: DEATH, FOOD POISONING, POISON, CAKE, BAKERY, BIRTHDAY
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN INDIA
TRENDING IN INDIA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.