SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Sunday, 16 June 2024 5.55 AM IST

Student treated for diarrhea and vomiting dies, reports said spikes of dragon fruit pierces legs

alan

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: A student, who was undergoing treatment for diarrhea and vomiting at the medical college hospital, has died. The dead is Alan (16) of Raj Nivas at Manchavilakam Kidanguvila in Neyyattinkara. A clarity will be obtained on the cause of his death only after getting the postmortem report.

While playing football, a spike of the dragon fruit had pierced his leg. He had severe pain but did not go to the hospital. The next day he had gone to Tamil Nadu. While returning, he was weak with diarrhea and vomiting and sought treatment at the medical college.


The FIR of the Marayamuttam police said the cause of Alan's death is due to poison. However, the hospital authorities said the post-mortem report is required to clarify the cause of death. He died while seeking admission for plus one. Alan passed his 10th standard from Dhanuvachhapuram NKMGHS. He is the son of Anil Raj and Priji.

There were reports earlier that Surya Surendran of Haripad, died of accidental poisoning from the leaves of arali plant. The Travancore and Malabar Devaswom Boards had banned the flower for prasadam and nivedhyam. However, it is not clear whether the dragon fruit's thorn is the villain here.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: STUDENT, TREATED, DIARRHEA, VOMITING, DIES, REPORTS, SPIKS, DRAGON FRUIT, PIERCES, LEGS
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.