SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Sunday, 16 June 2024 2.02 PM IST

Death of student who died of electric shock while leaning on pillar of shop: KSEB's preliminary report is out

kk

KOZHIKODE: The preliminary report of the KSEB on the incident where a student died of electric shock while leaning on the pillar of a shop in Kuttikattoor in Kozhikode is out. The deceased is Muhammed Rijas (19), son of Aali Musliar of Puthiyot. KSEB found that there was a leak in the wiring and service wire of the shop where Rijas stood during the rain.

Rijas stood in front of the shop while it was raining heavily. At this point, the service wire may have come in contact with the sheet metal on the roof of the shop after being crushed by the branches on top. Through this way, electricity might have reached the pillar. The report also stated that as there was a problem with the wiring in the shop, electricity might have flowed into the pillar through leakage in the wire of the bulb that was switched on at night. The officials had inspected the connection on the day before the incident after receiving a complaint. However, no leak was found during the inspection, the report said. KSEB will hand over the final report to the minister after recording more statements.

The accident took place at around 1 am on Sunday. Rijas got electrocuted while he was waiting for his brother in front of the shop.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: STUDENT DIES OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, KSEB
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.