SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Monday, 22 July 2024 7.23 PM IST

Bodies of Kuwait fire victims will be brought to India as early as possible, says MoS

kuwait

KUWAIT CITY: 49 people have been confirmed dead in the fire that broke out in the company flat in Mangaf, Ahmadi Governorate in Kuwait. The first hint from checking the names, 25 of the dead are Malayalees. Nine Malayalees have been identified so far.


Minister of State for External Affairs Kirti Vardhan Singh informed that the bodies of those killed in the fire will be brought to India as early as possible. Preparations including air force aircraft have been arranged. There may be a short delay in getting the results of the DNA test. Kirti Vardhan Singh said the officials of the Indian Embassy are in the spot.

The Ministry of External Affairs has informed that there is no need to worry on the health condition of the injured. The injured have been admitted to five hospitals. The Ministry of External Affairs said that many have spoken to their family members.

The bodies of Shemeer (30) of Sooranad in Kollam, Stephin Abraham Sabu (30) of Pampady in Kottayam, Kelu Ponmaleri (55) of Thrikaripur Peelikode, Akash S Nair (32) of Pandalam Mudiyoorkonam, P V Muraleedharan (54) of Pathanamthitta Vazhamuttom, Sajan George (28) of Punalur native, Lucose of Kollam, Saju Varghese of Konni, Renjith of Cherkalam and Lucose (48) of Chathanur have been identified.


The people staying in the labour camp of NBTC Company in Mangaf city of Kuwait's southern Ahmadi governorate, owned by K G Abraham of Niranam in Thiruvallam, are victims of the fire.

The incident happened Wednesday morning at 4.30 am (Indian time 7 am). 195 people were staying in the six-storied building. Rescue operations were done quickly. The fire spread from near the security guard’s room. The fire spread to the room storing gas cylinders and from there to the top floor. The fire may have due to short circuit. The speculation is that the fire broke out when the security employees were cooking food.

Employees were stuffed in the building without complying with safety norms. There was no lift facility in the building. Deputy Prime Minister of Kuwait Sheikh Fahd Youssef Saud Al - Sabah visited the place. He ordered to arrest the

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: BODIES, KUWAIT, FIRE VICTIMS, BROUGHT, INDIA, EARLY AS POSSIBLE, MOS
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN WORLD
TRENDING IN WORLD
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.