SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Saturday, 20 April 2024 7.55 AM IST

Chips making shop catches fire in Thiruvananthapuram; one dies of burns

fire-in-chips-shop

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: One person died of burns after a fire broke out at a chips shop in Kaithamukku in Thiruvananthapuram. The deceased is shop owner Appu Achari. The fire broke out in a shop called Kannan Chips, which makes chips for distribution to bakeries in Kaithamukku. The incident happened today at 4.30 pm. Three people in the shop sustained serious burns in the fire.

Appu Achari soon succumbed to burn injuries. Two others have been admitted to the hospital. The fire arose in a big way. Two gas cylinders in the shop exploded. It is reported that there were seven cylinders in the shop. A major disaster was averted as the rest of the cylinders quickly moved out of the shop.

The Fire Force arrived and brought the fire under control. The fire did not spread to other shops as it was extinguished quickly. Fire officials said that the cause of the accident will be known only after further investigation.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: CHIPS, CHIPS SHOP CATCHES FIRE, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.