SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Tuesday, 16 July 2024 8.51 AM IST

Inhaled poisonous gas while cleaning tank; tragic death for Tamil Nadu native in Singapore

sreenivasan

SINGAPORE: In a tragic incident, a Tamil Nadu native died after inhaling poisonous gas while performing routine tank cleaning at the Choa Chu Kang Waterworks in Singapore. The deceased has been identified as Sreenivasan Sivaraman (40), a cleaning operations manager at Supersonic Maintenance Services in Singapore. The incident took place on May 23.

According to reports, the incident took place when Sreenivasan and two other employees from Malaysia were cleaning the water reservoir of the Choa Chu Kang Waterworks. While cleaning the reservoir, they inhaled hydrogen sulfide gas. Hydrogen sulfide is a highly toxic gas that is colourless and smells like rotten eggs. Following this, all three fell unconscious. Although they were immediately rushed to the hospital, Sreenivasan was soon declared dead. It is learnt that the condition of the two Malaysian employees is critical.

Sreenivasan is survived by his wife Narmada, and children Mahasree and Sreenisha. His wife and children reached Singapore on May 2. The family was scheduled to travel to Malaysia on May 27 to enjoy the holidays. Sreenivasan's body was handed over to his family on May 26. The funeral took place on Tuesday at Kambarnatham village in Tamil Nadu’s Thanjavur.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: DEATH, TAMIL NADU NATIVE DIES IN SINGAPORE
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN INDIA
TRENDING IN INDIA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.