SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Monday, 24 June 2024 11.59 PM IST

Five-year-old mute boy suffers grave injuries after drinking hot milk; Anganwadi helper in Pinarayi booked

boy-pinarayi-injury-burn

KANNUR: In an egregious lapse from the authorities, a five-year-old mute boy suffered serious burns after being fed hot boiling milk to drink. The incident took place in a children’s nursery in Pinarayi Kannur. Police have registered a case against Anganwadi helper V Sheeba who served the hot milk to the child. The Child Rights Commission have also registered a case in this regard.

In another accusation, it is said that the Anganwadi workers remained at ease, not doing anything to take the boy to the hospital even after knowing about the burn injuries. It was only one hour after the incident that the child’s mother was informed about the injuries. The mother after reaching the spot found the child's lower chin and lips severely burnt and rushed the child to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital.

Even other students have now revealed about being served with hot milk which was nearly impossible to sip. The Anganwadi teacher has admitted that only milk was given to the children. A detailed investigation is underway into the incident.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: ANGANWADI, KERLA, INJURY, BOY, KERALA, HELPER, KANNUR
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.