SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Monday, 20 May 2024 6.23 PM IST

House catches fire after mobile charger explodes; four children charred to death, parents seriously injured

charger-explodes

LUCKNOW: In a shocking incident, four children were charred to death and their parents were seriously injured after a house caught fire after a mobile charger exploded while charging a phone. The incident took place in the Modipuram area of Meerut in Uttar Pradesh. The preliminary conclusion is that a short circuit was the cause of the accident. The deceased have been identified as Kalu (5), Golu (6), Niharika (8) and Sarika (12). Two children succumbed to their injuries immediately after being admitted to the hospital, while the other two died early on Sunday morning.

The incident took place on Saturday night. The children were sleeping in the room when the charger exploded. The parents were in the kitchen when they suddenly heard the sound of an explosion from the inner room. By the time they both rushed to the room, it was full of fire and smoke. The police said that the fire spread rapidly to the bed and led to the death of the children.

The mobile was kept on the bed for charging. The children suffered major burns from the fire which spread to the bed. All were immediately rushed to the hospital. However, two children died soon after. Parents who were seriously injured while trying to save their children are also undergoing treatment. Mother Babita (35), who suffered more than 60 percent burns, has been shifted to Delhi AIIMS hospital. Father Johnny (39) is also under treatment. The police said that the investigation is in progress.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: HOUSE, CHILDREN CHARRED TO DEATH, MOBILE CHARGER EXPLODES
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN INDIA
TRENDING IN INDIA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.