SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Friday, 24 May 2024 2.32 AM IST

Electric scooter turns villain again; loud explosion while charging, house gutted in fire

battery

AHMEDABAD: A house caught fire after a battery of electric scooter exploded while charging. The incident happened at Banaskantha in Gujarat. Although the house was heavily damaged in the fire, no casualty has been reported.

The battery of Mahesh's new scooter, which he had bought for around Rs one lakh 15 months ago, exploded. The explosion happened when Mahesh's daughter removed the battery from the scooter and was charging it inside the house. The family members said that after five minutes of charging, the explosion occurred. Neighbours also said that it was a big explosion. The fire was extinguished by the locals who rushed to the house. By that time, a part of the house was burnt. The family said there should be an investigation to know how it happened. They also said that if the explosion had occurred while riding the scooter, there would have been a loss of life.


A seven-year-old boy had died when an electric scooter exploded while charging at home in VasaiMumbai. The boy named Sabir Ansari lost his life. The electric scooter was kept in the living room for charging. The child was sleeping with his grandmother. Hearing the explosion, people rushed to the living room and rushed the seriously injured child to the hospital, but could not save his life. His grandmother was also injured. The house was partially destroyed in the blast.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: ELECTRIC SCOOTER, TURNS VILLAIN, LOUD EXPLOSION, CHARGING, HOUSE, GUTTED, FIRE
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN INDIA
TRENDING IN INDIA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.