SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Wednesday, 24 April 2024 11.30 AM IST

Varkala native's strange death after consuming bun: Autopsy confirms food poisoning

varkala-food-poisoning-

VARKALA: Elakamon native Viju’s death after eating a bun from a convenience store was confirmed as a case of food poisoning. The post-mortem report confirmed that the cause of death was food poisoning. Viju's mother Kamala, and siblings Vineeth and Vineetha are undergoing treatment after experiencing physical discomfort.

Vineeth had alleged that his brother Viju felt unwell after eating a bun bought from a store at Karavaram Junction around 7 pm on Friday. Viju also shared the bun with his siblings and mother, adding to the worries.

According to the family, the youth suffered from vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain during the night. In the morning, he was found lying motionless and was taken to Parippally Medical College Hospital where he was declared dead. The family raised suspicion about food poisoning and later the police registered a case of unnatural death.

Based on the complaint, the Food Safety and Security Department conducted an inspection and issued a notice to temporarily shut down the store.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: VARKALA, NATIVE, KERALA, BUND, ELAKAMON, PARIPPALLY, HOSPITAL, KARAVARAM
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.