SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Thursday, 29 September 2022 2.20 PM IST

Financial liability; four of family commits suicide in Kodungallur after inhaling toxic gas

suicide-

KODUNGALLUR: Four members of a family were found dead after inhaling toxic gas. The incident happened at Uzhavathukadavu in Kodungallur. A couple and their two children died after filling their house with toxic gas. They have been identified as Ashif (40), a software engineer, his wife Azeera (34) and their children Azara Fathima (13) and Anonisa aged eight. The presence of carbon monoxide was noticed inside the house. The windows of the house were fixed with tape. A note has been recovered from the house mentioning financial liability as the reason for the act. The four were found dead in a search conducted as no one was seen outside even after noon.

Ashif is the son of Ubaid, a retired PWD official from Uzhavathukadavu. The bodies of the four were found on the top floor of the two-storied house. When Ashif's sister came with the neighbors' and broke opened the door, found the four lying dead. Financial liability may have led Ashif, who was working for an American IT company, to take the drastic step. Both the children were students at Mala Holy Grace. A team led by Kodungallur DySP Salish N Sankaran have reached the spot.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: CRIME, FINANCIAL LIABILITY; FOUR OF FAMILY, COMMITS SUICIDE, KODUNGALLUR, AFTER INHALING TOXIC GAS
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.