SignIn
Kerala Kaumudi Online
Thursday, 13 August 2020 1.35 PM IST

Three siblings die in gas cylinder blast in Pattambi

fire-

PATTAMBI: Three siblings were killed while their mother received serious burn injuries when an LPG cylinder caught fire due to leakage of gas and subsequently exploded in a house at Ongallur in Pattambi. The deceased have been identified as Shahjahan (40), his brother Badusha (38) and sister Sabira (45). Their mother, Nabeesa, is currently undergoing treatment at the Kozhikode Medical College Hospital.

The incident occurred on Monday night by around 10.45 pm. While Badusha died by Tuesday afternoon, both Shahjahan and Sabira succumbed to their injuries on Tuesday night. A large portion of the house got destroyed in the fire. Fireforce team from Shoranur, police and locals were involved in the rescue activities.

Though the injured were first taken to private hospitals in Pattambi and Perinthalmanna, they were later shifted to Kozhikode Medical College.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
TAGS: GAS LEAK, FIRE, DEATH
KERALA KAUMUDI EPAPER
TRENDING IN KERALA
TRENDING IN KERALA
X
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.